6/30/2011

Introduction: Elias and the Movies

 Annotation December 2016:
This has been inactive for quite a while for a lot of reasons. But I may just restart writing regularly one day. Lately I have posted a few reviews in german, since I write in a german community anyways and don't feel like taking the time that I don't have a lot of translating everything right now, I'm afraid.



Time to say hello? Let me tell you I am just another movie lover in my 20s ... and I am from Germany in case you wonder about my hopefully-not-too-horrible English.

The first and only thing you need to know: This is meant to be fun. All the posts can be seen as a subjective collection of my own opinions. I do research and try to supply additional information but most of the time I write from my mind and memory.

Now, let's go ahead and continue with the important stuff. Stuff we love. Movies.

I was like five or six years old when I started my movie-going career. My movie heroes at that time were Indiana Jones and nearly all of the characters in Star Wars. Ever since I felt a strong fascination for this art form and this fascination would grow with me.

Writing is so much fun and writing about movies even more so. I love to watch movies and I love to talk about movies. And I hope you came here to satisfy your own addictive desire to discuss some flicks. Sadly the talking always falls a little short outside of a cinephile community. For some people the movies are just time to relax and have some fun and when the movie is over they are done with it.

It was a couple of years ago that I first got really into film criticism. It began when I discovered the famous TV-show "Siskel & Ebert" which is today called "Ebert presents at the movies". You probably know it (if not, check it out!). I got addicted to this series and kept watching ever since. Furthermore I had long started to absorb related articles from all over the web. The show and my increased interest in the subject even enhanced the way I watch films, showed and told me things and films I did not know and really enriched the "movie-going experience" for me.


So in the course of time movies turned from a simple interest into a hobby and eventually into a passion. I started reading and writing quite a bit online but I just thought I could get a bit more focused.

So I decided to start writing an individual blog myself ...
... this one.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen